We’ve pushed an update to UI Manager this week that adds a new module: Dashboard.
With this new module you can edit the default WordPress dashboard and make it your own.
Watch this video to see it in action and see below for more details.
Here’s what’s included in the Dashboard module:
- Rename and hide default dashboard widgets: You can edit the title or completely hide any dashboard widget, including those added by other plugins and themes.
- Edit the contents of the welcome box: Customize the WordPress welcome box by editing the default WordPress content or adding your own via a WYSIWYG editor.
- Use a page builder to construct your own custom dashboard – The welcome box WYSIWYG editor is fully compatible with sortcodes, so you can add forms using your favorite form builder plugin or even design and build your own dashboard in your favorite page builder!
- Other goodies include the ability to change or remove the title of the dashboard screen. We also give you some default shortcodes to add dynamic info like site title, user display name, or site URL.
Here are a few of the things we’re working on for our next release:
- Rearrange dashboard widgets
- Create new dashboard widgets
What would you like to see in the next release of UI Manager?